[Ffmpeg-devel] Adding support for YUVJ formats in libswscale

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Sat Sep 16 19:58:53 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I was thinking about supporting PIX_FMT_YUVJ420P & friends in
libswscale, and I had a look at mplayer code...

It seems to me that libswscale already provides support for the jpeg
variant of the YUV formats through the sws_setColorspaceDetails() call,
but I have some questions:
1) The doxygen comment seems to be wrong (probably outdated?): it talks
about a "fullRange" parameter that is not present. Instead, I can see
the "srcRange" and "dstRange"... Are they the ranges of the source and
destination colorspace?
2) Am I right in thinking that I have to set such parameters to 1 for
YUVJ formats, and to 0 for YUV formats? It seems to me that mplayer
never sets srcRange or dstRange to 1...

			Thanks,
				Luca