[Ffmpeg-devel] __attribute__ ((deprecated))

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Sep 18 13:41:57 CEST 2006

Hi

On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 11:38:05AM +0200, Michel Bardiaux wrote:
> Colin Ward wrote:
> >
> >  Hi all.
> >
> >  I have noticed recently that a couple of structures have been tagged
> >with the __attribute__ ((deprecated)) structure.  This is causing
> >warning such as the following:
> >
> >FFMPEG/libavformat/avformat.h:247: warning: 'AVFrac' is deprecated
> >(declared at FFMPEG/libavformat/avformat.h:100)
> >FFMPEG/libavformat/avformat.h:403: warning: 'AVImageInfo' is deprecated
> >(declared at FFMPEG/libavformat/avformat.h:388)
> >FFMPEG/libavformat/allformats.h:181: warning: 'AVImageFormat' is deprecated
> >(declared at FFMPEG/libavformat/avformat.h:409)
> >
> >  Are there any plans to either remove this attribute or to actually
> >update the code and remove the offending structures?  It's making my
> >compiles messy.  ;-)
> >

> I think it is intended to put pressure so that someone will port GIF to
> image2, so that the whole -fimage stuff can be removed. BTW what's

yes and theres a second and more important reason, to keep people from
misstakly writing new image1 based code which i then would have to reject
and they would have to rewrite it

> special about GIF that makes it hard to port it to image2?

i dont remember but there was something :)