[Ffmpeg-devel] Adding support for YUVJ formats in libswscale

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Mon Sep 18 22:32:36 CEST 2006

Hi all,

On Sat, 2006-09-16 at 21:52 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
[...]
> > 2) Am I right in thinking that I have to set such parameters to 1 for
> > YUVJ formats, and to 0 for YUV formats?
>
> yes
The attached patch adds swscale support for the YUVJ formats by properly
(I hope :) setting srcRange and dstRange in sws_setColorspaceDetails().

I verified that after applying the patch sws_getContext() does not fail
when asked to convert from/to YUVJ formats, and that it does not
segfault, but I do not know how to check if the conversion is right (I
cannot see the difference between YUV420P and YUVJ420P :). Maybe someone
more skilled than me can check if the conversion is done properly.

				Luca