[Ffmpeg-devel] [Patch] fix swscale shared lib on x86-64

Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò flameeyes
Tue Sep 19 00:31:50 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 19 September 2006 00:20, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> does -fvisibility=PROTECTED also fix this? if so id suggest to add this
> to the flags if supported, this should also have other positive effects
Protected is mostly pointless to use, standing to the very GCC documentation
about visibility.

If you remember I started working on a -fvisibility=hidden support, but last I
heard from lu_zero, the API cleanup was still in process before actually
deciding what should be exported as public interface and what not. If the API
is now stabled on "whatever the installed headers do", I can easily
forwardport my patch..

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Petten? - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE