[Ffmpeg-devel] Duplication of macros for 16-bit multiplication in many places

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Sep 20 02:07:30 CEST 2006

Hi

On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 08:29:04PM +0200, Luca Barbato wrote:
> Luca Barbato wrote:
> [patch about $subj]
>
> I'll commit the new headers in 4h if nobody is against it and the
> mpegaudio changes within the day.

may i remind you of our development policy which says:
"9. Do NOT commit to code actively maintained by others without permission. Send a patch to ffmpeg-devel instead. If noone answers within a reasonable timeframe (12h for build failures and security fixes, 3 days small changes, 1 week for big patches) then commit your patch if you think it's OK. Also note, the maintainer can simply ask for more time to review!"

especially the 3 days for small changes part, and policy or not who on earth
should react within a 4h timespan (think of people sleeping longer then 4h
...)

a 4h delay is useless, either you are sure about what you do then you
commit it or you are not then a delay of >1day is appropriate