[Ffmpeg-devel] 640x480 iPod Baseline Low Complexity Profile

Panagiotis Issaris takis.issaris
Fri Sep 22 13:55:45 CEST 2006

Hi,

Op vrijdag 22 september 2006 11:42, schreef V?ctor Paesa:
> [...]
> >
> Just something easy to parse/understand, no XML please.
Now, _that's_ an idea! ;) Just imagine the _endless_ possibilities
it would give us!

> >>[...]
> >>
> >> One target per file is easier to parse, and makes it easier for users
> >> to add their own targets without worrying about merging changes when
> >> they upgrade.  Furthermore, it would eliminate quarrels about how to
> >> separate targets within the file.
> > I agree. The only thing I "worried" about, was that if many profiles
> > were to be used, the directory would contains possibly horrible amounts
> > of files. But, in fact, having one file with a huge amount of entries
> > aint that much better. And, there's no reason to disallow having subdirs
> > if it might ever become annoying (having to many files in a dir).
> >
> I'd rather have it in one single file, for pure taste reasons, I believe
> performance is irrelevant to decide on single vs. multiple files, unless
> someone is brave? enough to create hundreds of profiles, in which case
> the greater overhead of open() vs read() would favour the single file
> solution (specially on platforms cursed with antivirus).
I was not that much worried about performance, more about me finding
directories with thousands of files annoying :)

With friendly regards,
Takis