[Ffmpeg-devel] problem with change to libavformat/mov.c between revision 5666 and 5667

Brian Hirt bhirt
Mon Sep 25 03:32:49 CEST 2006

Hi,

I've run across a problem decoding a video in mp4 file format.   I
have a bunch of sample videos that I use for testing.  They are
mostly mpeg4 videos.  Up until version 5666 the video decodes just
fine.  However, with the changes introduced to libavformat/mov.c in
revision 5667 I new get a "warning: first frame is no keyframe"
warning and the first second or so of the video is garbled.  I'm not
very intimate with the code so I'm not sure what's going on.  A brief
look at the codes seems like 5666 may have been handling a missing
keyframe by finding the closest one which seemed to work just fine.
However, I'm just speculating here.

Does anyone have any idea what going on, or advice on better
information that i can provide?  I have sample frames and movies i
can provide if anyone needs access to them.

Brian Hirt
t. 310-464-0726 x200
f. 310-590-3960
m. 970-708-1032
bhirt at mobygames.com
MobyGames
http://www.mobygames.com
The world's largest and most comprehensive gaming database project

MobyGames was nominated for Best Games related website 2006 Webby
Award :
http://www.webbyawards.com/webbys/current.php?
season=10#webby_entry_games_related