[Ffmpeg-devel] [BUG] segfault when encoding mpeg1 with B-frames and vb_strategy=2

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml
Tue Sep 26 02:59:31 CEST 2006

Hello,

Firon Draak found this bug and reported it to mplayer-users. I can
reproduce it on my machine. The following command segfaults:

$ mencoder myvideo.avi -o output.avi -ovc lavc -lavcopts \
vcodec=mpeg1video:vmax_b_frames=1:vb_strategy=2

The failing combination is as reported in the subject:
mpeg1video:vmax_b_frames=1:vb_strategy=2

The segfault should be reproducible with any source video. I've attached
a file with the output of mencoder and a backtrace.

Let me know if I'm being too lazy and not including sufficient information.

Thanks,
Corey