[Ffmpeg-devel] The tag "CS=ITU601"

Keith Goldfarb keith
Mon Sep 25 21:19:02 CEST 2006

Hello developers,

My name is Keith Goldfarb and I work at Rhythm & Hues
Studios in Los Angeles.

In January, 2005, Michael Niedermayer added a check for a
specific string, "CS=ITU601" into mjpeg.c

  1824 : 	michael 	3852 	 else if(!strcmp(cbuf, "CS=ITU601")){
  1825 : 	  	  	s->cs_itu601= 1;
  1826 : 	  	  	}

While I understand the motivation for this change and the
need to distinguish between these two different (grrr) ways
of encoding yuv data, I cannot find any reference to this
string anywhere but in this one source file.

Is this an established standard tag to indicate the 601 yuv
encoding, or something specific to libavcodec?

Thanks for any info,

K.