[Ffmpeg-devel] flv container broken with version 7 of on2 encoder?

Gianluigi Tiesi mplayer
Sun Apr 1 14:34:37 CEST 2007

On Sun, Apr 01, 2007 at 11:31:04AM +0200, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I've managed to "make work" vp7vfw.dll from mencoder
> > there are still some "strange" issues but I've also
> > tried to mux a file made with virtual dub.
> > the resulting flash video is not playable with
> > mplayer and with a free flv player in flash.
> > It seams that the muxer sets an improper
> > video tag/fourcc, can someone check it?
>
> Are you sure VP7 is supported by Flash? If yes, upload such samples (not
> made by you).
>
> Current FFmpeg demuxer/muxer only supports VP6 from On2.

it's unclear, on2 page talks about flash and about vp7 but they
don't explicit state that flash supports vp7, their samples
should be played with truecast player.
Some site report that flash9 is capable to play video with vp7.
I'll let you known if I find some additional infos.

Regards

--
Gianluigi Tiesi <sherpya at netfarm.it>
EDP Project Leader