[Ffmpeg-devel] Audio Video Sync issue with dvr-ms files

Jonathon Elwood jaelwood
Tue Apr 3 19:26:51 CEST 2007

There is an AV sync issue with the latest SVN (8618).  I've uploaded a
sample file that demonstrates this issue to:

ftp://upload.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/Backpackers -
_23_03_2007_23_00_03_comms.dvr-ms

Michael Niedermayer recommended that I test with previous versions of ffmpeg
and find the patch that broke the AV sync.  I traced the problem to patch
#7905.  ffmpeg 7904 worked fine, but 7905 and above demonstrate this AV sync
issue.   I modified the latest SVN to reverse the changes made in patch
7905, and the AV sync looks good.  However, this obviously isn't a proper
fix.  Also without the changes in patch 7905 I have other dvr-ms shows where
the fps is detected incorrectly, so this patch is obviously needed.   Could
you please look at this?  I'm not sure what the code in patch 7905 is doing,
so I won't be able to create the appropriate patch.

Thank you in advance.