[Ffmpeg-devel] lzw compression in tiff encoder (qualification task for GSoC)

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Fri Apr 6 17:09:51 CEST 2007

Hi

Bartlomiej Wolowiec wrote:
> On Friday 06 April 2007 15:30, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Bartlomiej Wolowiec wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> As a supplement to my qualification task for GSoC I implemented LZW
>>> compressor. I think that my code is fast, universal and it can be easily
>>> used in other encoders. My implementation use hash table with simple hash
>>> function (I've used LZW prefix code and xor to calculate new hash value).
>>> So, I'm sending two files: one with lzw encoder (lzw.patch) and one with
>>> patch to tiffenc.c (tifflzw.patch).
>> Good, you may be interested in using your lzw encoder with gif also,
>> which atm does not use lzw compression.
>>
>> I also quickly tested tiff encoder, and unfortunately it does not play
>> in quicktime, if you can have a look.
>
> Hi,
> in my test quicktime play lzw tiff, but does not play zlib (deflate) tiff...
> Can you send broken file ?

simply ffmpeg -i <file> -vcodec tiff test.mov, Quicktime does not play that.

SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312