[Ffmpeg-devel] h264: fix processing of end of sequence nal unit

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Apr 9 02:55:58 CEST 2007

Hi

On Sun, Apr 08, 2007 at 10:31:18PM +0200, Reinhard Nissl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> without the attached patch, a correctly decoded still image which ends
> in an end of sequence nal unit was not delivered but dropped.

1. describe problem (ok)
2. provide enough information to reproduce the problem (missing)
3. analyze the problem (missing and optional but essential before 4.)
4. send patch (ok)

my choice now is reverse engeneer what your patch does, and guess why
it doesnt work without this change and then decide based on this if the
change is correct or alternative i reject it

considering that you provide no information to reproduce the problem
so i cannot test it at all i have no choice but to reject it anyway

[...]
> -        while(ptr[dst_length - 1] == 0 && dst_length > 1)
> +        while(dst_length > 0 && ptr[dst_length - 1] == 0)

unrelated changes

While the State exists there can be no freedom; when there is freedom there
will be no State. -- Vladimir Lenin