[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] RGB48 support

Ivo ivop
Tue Apr 10 18:15:35 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Monday 09 April 2007 23:46, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 08:16:30PM +0200, Ivo wrote:
> > Any comments?
>
> the only thing in swscale which you must implement is the new format->yuv
> code, swscale uses yuv internally (see svn log of swscale for some
> examples on how other formats where added)
>
> the rgb->rgb code is optional but surely a good idea ...
>
> also the rgb48->yuv can be done in 2 ways
> A. -> 8bit based yuv
> B. -> internal yuv (which uses >8bits per component) but will need
>    slightly more work, also theres no example in svn for this yet ...
>
> PS: this has nothing to do with yuv2rgb*.c ! the code you need to change
> is in swscale*

Here's my progress. I implemented conversion both to and from 8-bit based
yuv for now (your option A.) so in the end I did touch yuv2rgb*.c too ;-)

I noticed several lines of:

src2= formatConvBuffer+2048;

in swscale_template.c. If I understand the code correctly, this constant is
arbitrarily chosen and swscale will fail if you feed it very large images
(like an 8k 70mm film scan). Is that correct?

I will continue to work on the missing rgb2rgb functions, including some MMX
acceleration for some of the important ones. Any comments on the code so
far?

--Ivo