[Ffmpeg-devel] FFServer and RTSP

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Wed Apr 11 16:23:40 CEST 2007

Hi Michael (and all),

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
[...]
>> Is it legal to open a file for reading (av_open_input_file()), and start
>> reading frames from it without performing an av_find_stream_info()?
>
> hmm, well, maybe, but it better to call av_find_stream_info()
Ok; I did some tests with a simpler program... I confirm that if
av_find_stream_info() is not called, the first packet seems to be read
two times... I can provide the program for reproducing this "feature",
if needed.

>> So I'd like to have an opinion from other people (an opinion from the
>> official maintainer would be appreciated :): is there any hope in fixing
>> ffserver for RTP streaming? (did it ever work, at least one time?).
>> Or would it be simpler to start developing a new RTP streaming
>> application from scratch? I am beginning to think the second option
>> would require less work... :(
>
> you want an oppinion from alex?
Well, that would be useful ;-)

Anyway, I just wanted to hear something from people who used ffserverm,
or who know the code (uhm... Maybe such people do not exist ;-)... If I
can find a working version, fixing it would be simpler.

			Thanks,
				Luca