[Ffmpeg-devel] [bug] raw.c link failure on ff_ac3_parse_header

Diego Biurrun diego
Thu Apr 12 00:58:42 CEST 2007

On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 01:10:06PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 11:22:51AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> > > I'm undecided on the location of these things.  In a way I like to
> > > keep everything relating to a particular codec together, especially
> > > when the decoder uses the same functions.  OTOH keeping the parser
> > > code in one place has its virtues.
> >
> > Here's an alternative patch that moves the code.  It's slightly more
> > intrusive since it has to move code around, but it adds only one #ifdef.
> >
> > I think I prefer this version.
>
> iam against moving ac3 related code from ac3 related files to parser.c

But parser.c already contains code related to several other codecs like
MPEG-4 and AAC, MP2, MP3, AC3.  The rest of the AC3 parsing code is
there.  Also, without even more #ifdefs, when you need just this one
function, you have to link all of ac3.o into libavcodec.

The first patch adds 4 #ifdef conditionals, the second just one and to a
file that already has quite a few.  My vote goes to this variant.

Diego