[Ffmpeg-devel] Problem debugging due to cabac.h

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Apr 12 17:16:54 CEST 2007

Hi

On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 08:29:54AM -0400, Jason Garrett-Glaser wrote:
> In the SVN trunk copy of cabac.h, the function on line 522 (an inline
> assembly function) requires what appears to be seven registers to
> compile; that is, without -fomit-frame-pointer, it cannot acquire
> enough registers to compile as written.

is the code under CONFIG_7REGS if not and it uses 7 regs that should be
changed (send patch)
does configure set CONFIG_7REGS even though 7 are not available, thats
a bug in configure and you can send a patch to fix it

[...]

> Thanks,
>
> Dark Shikari
>
> P.S. Is there a way to run ffplay remotely over SSH with the display
> of the video off (so as not to destroy the internet connection), but
> without turning off decoding of the video?  I.e. a way to profile
> playback remotely.  Sadly what I've been doing is running FFMPEG to
> decode H.264 video, encode it to HuffyUV (near zero CPU cost) and pipe
> it to /dev/null.  The profiling is pretty accurate, but it seems like
> a stupid workaround that is probably due to my lack of knowledge of

decode to rawvideo with ffmpeg

The educated differ from the uneducated as much as the living from the
dead. -- Aristotle