[Ffmpeg-devel] Creating releases

Robert Swain robert.swain
Sat Apr 14 15:07:10 CEST 2007

On 14 Apr 2007, at 13:48, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Many projects use an iterative development model where the code is
> chopped into tiny, tiny pieces, and then weeks/months/years are spent
> piecing them back together to form a "release", after which the
> process is repeated again.  In these projects, snapshots between
> releases are very unstable, and often do not even compile.

Breaking into pieces and piecing back together? What? Maybe if some
code needed an overhaul but not every time, that would be silly. Or
did I misunderstand?

[...]

> To summarize, you are free to make whatever releases you wish, but you
> will be on your own.

Unless there are a group of FFmpeg developers who aspire to this
'professional' approach to development. I hope that such a group
could coexist alongside the status quo.

Rob