[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Creating releases

Diego Biurrun diego
Sun Apr 15 21:34:35 CEST 2007

On Sat, Apr 14, 2007 at 03:35:59PM +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:

> > > Unless there are a group of FFmpeg developers who aspire to this
> > > 'professional' approach to development. I hope that such a group
> > > could coexist alongside the status quo.
> >
> > Fine by me.  I'm just saying that none of the currently active
> > developers seem to be willing to invest that time.
>
> Can you name the active developers, so I can weigh in their approval
> or disapproval of having releases? Other than your post I didn't
> really see anything disapproving of official releases.

Look at the svn logs to see the list of active developers.

The problem is that doing releases is work and work that few or none of
the people working on FFmpeg feel motivated to do.  Releases also tend
to generate the expectation to be supported with bug fixes.  I think the
motivation to support releases is low as well.

That said, I would personally welcome releases, especially if somebody
volunteers to do the work.

Do you have a timeframe for when you wish to do a release?

Diego