[Ffmpeg-devel] SVN dump

Dave Dodge dododge
Wed Apr 18 23:21:21 CEST 2007

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 05:48:01PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> Hmm.... imagine an Emacs with Lua as its embedded language... :) :) :)

Unfortunately this requires two things:

  1) Porting, or continuing to support, all of the existing elisp code
     so that emacs will continue to be emacs.  I believe it's been
     tried many times before (e.g. "JEmacs is a re-implementation of
     Emacs, written in a mix of Java, Scheme, and ELisp") and usually
     ends in tears.

  2) Delving into the emacs core C code.  From tiny glances at it over
     the years, merely observing that code may be enough to destroy
     whatever quantum-mechanical magic allows it to work at all.  I
     just risked my sanity by glancing at lisp.h, and yes it appears
     they are still using tagged pointers.

                                                  -Dave Dodge