[Ffmpeg-devel] Problem building from snapshots

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Thu Apr 19 18:41:04 CEST 2007

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 05:28:13PM +0200, Michel Bardiaux wrote:
>> Diego Biurrun wrote:
>> [snip]
>>> The problem is that this works only on pre-1.4 Subversion clients as the
>>> metadata was restructured with version 1.4.
>>>
>> Restructured in a way that makes a similar hack impossible?
>
> No, somebody that understands the new format needs to come up with an
> equivalent hack for it.

I managed to compile svn 1.4.3 from source. After checkout of ffmpeg,
the file .svn/entries begins with

=== TOP OF FILE
8

dir
8759
svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg/trunk
svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg
=== ...

If this form is stable, the 'hack' is simply:

test $svn_revision || svn_revision=`cd "$1" && tail +4 .svn/entries |
head -1 \
                                     2> /dev/null`

Big 'but': is this general? The only way to know is to ask all
developpers to have a look at their entries file.

The pre-1.4 fails gracefully on a (my!!) 1.4 checkout tree, so just
adding this new hack should be OK. Patch attached.

Note that I have slightly changed the pre-1.4 hack, just in case a file
with name containing the string "revision" is ever added to the ffmpeg
sources...

Now, it is rather likely this will be my last message until Monday.

HaNWE,
--
Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director