[Ffmpeg-devel] directshow grab device?

Ramiro Ribeiro Polla ramiro
Mon Apr 23 21:37:36 CEST 2007

Alex Beregszaszi wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> I did VFW capture, and sent an unfinished patch to the mailinglist
>> earlier on this year (probably january or february).
>> I gave up on it, but it's being used somewhere in bbc.co.uk. I don't
>> have the final version anymore, it's somewhere on my older shut down
>> computer. I'd have to bring it back up...
>>

> I have your code and slightly modified it. Works nicely. Plan to submit
> it :)

Nice... Could you send it to the list before submitting? That way I can
try to remember the changes I had done.
Also, do you think you could work on the GDI screen capture? There is a
thread this year about that, and 2 different implementations.

>> If you can really convert directshow style to ffmpeg, that would be
>> nice. It will be hard though, since directshow style is quite ugly for
>> ffmpeg's standards. Also, remember that the code must compile on MinGW,
>> not MSVC++. When I tried that with MinGW, I had to change a bunch of
>> stuff in dshow.h.
>>

> Could you give it a try? I offer help in it.

Hmm... This is not high priority on my TODO list. Actually, it's off my
TODO list... Sorry.

Ramiro Polla