[Ffmpeg-devel] suggestion for SVN snapshots

Rich Felker dalias
Sat Apr 28 04:47:01 CEST 2007

On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 03:11:51PM -0400, Mohammad A. Haque wrote:

Could you please not use this smime monstrosity when sending mail to
lists? It bloats a 700 byte message up to 4k. Now imagine what happens
to the mailbox size on a list with >10000 messages per year if
everyone included this junk... yep, 40 megs.

Attila, is there a way we could make the lists strip smime
attachments? I fear more and more people will start using this
disgusting bloated replacement for pgp (the equivalent pgp signature
is only 200 bytes or so) as the years go by and it would be nice to
automate the solution to the problem rather than flaming list membes.
Mailman should have an easy way to strip attachments with particular
mime types..

Rich