[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] Killing CONFIG_WINCE

Gildas Bazin gbazin
Sun Apr 29 12:53:22 CEST 2007

On Friday 27 April 2007 18:33, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 11:22:17PM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> > Alex Beregszaszi <alex at rtfs.hu> writes:
> >
> > > I don't see any sense behind CONFIG_WINCE. It is an old cruft,
probably
> > > it doesn't compiles on WinCE now, better port it again if needed,
> > > therefore I propose to remove it. There are only some ifdefs in
> > > os_support.c and utils.c of libavformat.
> >
> > Fine by me.  I'm all for cruft removal.  My only comment is that
> > it should be removed from configure too.
>
> I'd rather have liked somebody confirming that it works or not.  IIRC
> Derk-Jan Hartmann did the initial port.  Maybe he can confirm or deny
> it...

These changes were originally done for the WinCE port of VLC media player.
However this port isn't maintained anymore and so I wouldn't be surprised
if the ffmpeg port doesn't compile anymore since this hasn't been tried in
ages. If you really want to remove this code, I personally don't have any
objections. As Alex said, it can be resurrected if it is ever needed again.

--
Gildas