[FFmpeg-devel] Fixpoint FFT optimization, with MDCT and IMDCT wrappers for audio optimization

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Aug 1 14:25:44 CEST 2007

Hi

On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 10:33:16PM -0400, Marc Hoffman wrote:
[...]
> I will do it if it makes sense right now I don't see it being the most
> efficient. Lets get through the basic acceptance and when you and I
> decide to move forward we can talk about more efficient mechanisms for
> general machines.  (I'm not going anywhere so even if you accept this
> we can change it in the future).
>
> The split radix is not the most efficient way to do things on the
> BlackFin machine.  It has to do with all the extra pointer stuff you
> need to maintain.  On other machines this is more efficient.  Not to
> go into this too much anyways I agreed earlier to implement this for
> us (ffmpeg-devel) and I will just not right now.  I really want to see
> if I/we can get one audio codec to work in fixEDpoint and achieve high
> quality I think this is what you/we really care about anyways.

iam not sure what extra pointers you are talking about
if you are thinking of a recursive implementation which gets 3 pointers
to the 3 input parts this is unacceptable the current cooley tukey FFT
also isnt written by passing pointers recursively around

While the State exists there can be no freedom; when there is freedom there
will be no State. -- Vladimir Lenin