[FFmpeg-devel] mms:// protocol support

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Thu Aug 2 04:12:54 CEST 2007

Hi Alex,

On 8/1/07, Alex Beregszaszi <alex at rtfs.hu> wrote:

> > I would like to offer help on getting the bitrate/stream negotiation
> right,
> > since I'm facing the same issue with my rtsp/rdt patch (which is also
> > pending in review somewhere :-]). It'd be good to get all this stuff in
> > ffmpeg, it really is the right place for all this.
>
> Do you have updated patches for RTSP?  The problem with our rtsp code is
> that no one is really familiar with it.
>
> I really would like to remove that global rtsp_protocol variable hack.
> Porbably by transmitting that information in the url?  Do you have any
> ideas regarding this?

As for patches, my latest patches are what I sent to the list over the past
few weeks, I haven't had time to do anything yet since then...

As for the protocols, not completely sure, but it's on my list to fix also.
We may want to just guess and re-try on error (I'm surprised that SDPs don't
contain hints for this...). rtsp.c already contains code for options so that
the caller can choose tcp or udp in the URI (see option_list in
rtsp_read_header()) in case you prefer that.

Ronald