[FFmpeg-devel] [patch] error codes for http/tcp

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Thu Aug 2 15:19:08 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 7/27/07, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> well, either resolve_host() is a private function to avformat in which
> case
> ffserver cant use it or its a public function in which case it needs an av
> prefix and a major version bump
>
> also the changes to ffserver should be in a seperate patch ...

I'l have three upcoming patches:
- resolve_host -> av_resolve_host (private -> public) plus add api docs
- implement gethostbyname_r and return herrno instead of just -1 plus change
api docs
- change ffserver to use it

Usage of the return code in udp.c/tcp.c will come (again) as part of my
errno code patch, since the rest of the code doesn't use return values
anyway, so even if I did, it wouldn't make a difference.

Ronald