[FFmpeg-devel] mms:// protocol support

Björn Axelsson bjorn.axelsson
Fri Aug 3 10:30:31 CEST 2007

Hi,
I have done some work on replacing the old mplayer mms:// support with
Ryan's native_mms implementation.

On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 03:06 +0200, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I saw a thread regarding that patch in the archives, and a stack of constructive criticisms surrounding this patch, but I was unable to locate the patch itself.
>
> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2007-February/024128.html
>
> This is the latest patch imho.

I got a more recent version directly from Ryan in March. Unless Ryan
shows up with an even more finished version I can post it here. Please
note that it's still quite experimental and from from svn-ready.

> > I'm sure that if I release software which uses libavformat/libavcodec it will be with my patch (barring some officially supported mms-patch).
> > I wanted to contribute back the delta if the community wanted it and because I believe this is required by the license.
>
> I would appreciate if we could solve this by cooperating on the intial
> code Ryan submitted.  I offer help in the ffmpeg related part.

I too will help in finishing the patch if there's anything I can do. But
I'd prefer to keep working on the mplayer end as much as possible.

--
Bj?rn Axelsson                    Phone: +46-(0)90-18 98 97
Intinor AB                          Fax: +46-(0)920-757 10