[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] use get_unary in multiple places

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Aug 9 12:11:49 CEST 2007

Hi

On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 10:31:05AM +0200, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > PS: dont commit any further code to files you dont maintain without
> > first getting approval from the respective maintainer
>
> And why do you commit to code what you don't maintain?
>
> I don't think it has sense that people have commit rights, but cannot do
> commits.

people can do commits
* in files they maintain
* trivial, correct and needed changes in files they dont maintain
* changes which where approved by the maintainer
* changes for which patches where posted but no reaction from the maintainer

besides this code should be tested before commit, should be clean, ...

but you know these rules very well yourself ...

your changes broke compilation
moved messy code to bitstream.h (#if 1, random indention, ...)
where not approved by the maintainer
no patch was posted
moved code to the wrong file, it should have been golomb.h not bitstream.h
or maybe a new file should have been created so that conditional compilation
became possible ...

The misfortune of the wise is better than the prosperity of the fool.
-- Epicurus