[FFmpeg-devel] "error, non monotone timestamps 45000 >= 45000" in ffserver

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Fri Aug 10 11:46:47 CEST 2007

Hi all,

in my patchset, I have the attached patch (I even forgot about it), that
fixes an "error, non monotone timestamps ..." error in ffserver.

How to reproduce the bug:
1) make output_example
2) ./output_example test.avi
3) ./ffmpeg -i test.avi /tmp/test1.mpg
4) add the following to ffserver.conf:
	<Stream test1-rtsp.mpg>
		Format rtp
		File "/tmp/test1.mpg"
	</Stream>
5) start ffserver, and try to play the stream with vlc:
	 vlc rtsp://localhost:5454/test1-rtsp.mpg

You will see the error in ffserver log, and the stream will not start.
Now, my patch fixes the error, but I do not know if it is a proper
solution, or if it is just hiding another bug...

				Thanks,
					Luca