[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] use get_unary in multiple places

Alex Beregszaszi alex
Fri Aug 10 14:23:32 CEST 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-09 at 12:11 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 10:31:05AM +0200, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > > PS: dont commit any further code to files you dont maintain without
> > > first getting approval from the respective maintainer
> >
> > And why do you commit to code what you don't maintain?
> >
> > I don't think it has sense that people have commit rights, but cannot do
> > commits.
>
> people can do commits
> * in files they maintain
> * trivial, correct and needed changes in files they dont maintain
> * changes which where approved by the maintainer
> * changes for which patches where posted but no reaction from the maintainer
>
> besides this code should be tested before commit, should be clean, ...
>
> but you know these rules very well yourself ...
>

> your changes broke compilation
> moved messy code to bitstream.h (#if 1, random indention, ...)
> where not approved by the maintainer
> no patch was posted
> moved code to the wrong file, it should have been golomb.h not bitstream.h
> or maybe a new file should have been created so that conditional compilation
> became possible ...

Conditional compilation? Did you noticed that I just made a function
common which was used in several places? Did you?

This is not an optional function for those codecs, but a mandatory one.
And is present in at least 5 forms in 5 codecs.

--
Alex