[FFmpeg-devel] "error, non monotone timestamps 45000 >= 45000" in ffserver

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Mon Aug 13 16:12:24 CEST 2007

Hi Michael,

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
[...]
> looks ok (i wonder how ffserver worked at all ...)
> but please move the av_find_stream_info up, immedeatly after
> av_open_input_file() the spot you choose is too late as it can
> cause new streams to be added ...

Ok. New patch attached (I also simplified it, because I noticed that
changing "$if 1" in #if 0" is not needed - if that change is useful, it
can go in a different patch).

> also note that in ffplay similar code has a special case for rtsp
> (i dunno the rtsp code well enough to say what that special
> case is good for ...)

I do not know ffplay code, but I tried to have a look at it... And I
cannot understand the reason for that rtsp special case. Next week I'll
try to do some rtsp tests removing the special case, and I'll see what
happens.

> PS: before you apply a modified version, send patch and wait a day
> before you apply it to give our ffserver maintainer a chance to review it

I'll not have internet access in the next days, so I'll commit next
Monday, if noone complains.

			Thanks,
				Luca