[FFmpeg-devel] Accelarated MPEG2 to MPEG4 transcoding

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Aug 13 18:26:07 CEST 2007

Hi

On Mon, Aug 13, 2007 at 05:30:37PM +0300, Vladimir Moushkov wrote:

> > > So my question is currently ffmpeg using any of the mpeg2 information
> > > when transcodign to mpeg4 or it is doing raw encoding?
> >
> > depends on comand line options
> > for details please read the fine manual
>
> i have read the online ffmpeg documentation as well the man and there is
> no clue about anything special on mpeg2 to mpeg4 transcoding?
> Can you prompt me ?

why should it be special to mpeg2 or mpeg4?!
the option you should look at is -me_threshold
anyway this is the wrong mailinglist for user questions, please
use ffmpeg-user in the future

Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated
form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty. -- Plato