[FFmpeg-devel] [DOC] FFSERVER Configuration Files.

Piero Bugoni ffmpeg.devel
Wed Aug 15 03:50:05 CEST 2007

> > > fixed qp encoding IS fundamentally not suitable for streaming, it does
> not
> > > matter what bandwidth you have
> >

> > Recommend changes, and I'll put them in.
>
> use bitrate and maxrate (and maxrate at least 30% higher than bitrate)
> set qmin=2 qmax=31

Okay. For this, I will address this in the documentation about the conf files.
Trying to include it as notes is too much.

The values I gave are intended to be used as baseline workable values, so that
people could get a working conf, and go from there.

I may add a line in the conf files indicating this and pointing them to
external documentation.

In addition, I will test a wider range of video imagery, and see what I get.
The reason again, is to provide a canned unit with values that people can put
in place and have the greatest possibility of immediate success.

P.

Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the
tools to get online.