[FFmpeg-devel] mpeg4 frames decode

Artem Korneev tema
Wed Aug 15 15:46:28 CEST 2007

On Tue, Aug 14, 2007 at 10:12:18PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

 > try to dump all packets to a file, try to play them with ffmpeg -f m4v
 > if it fails the problem is in the data (likely missing headers or such)

Yes, when I've wrote frames into the file, ffplay could play it, so I
think that troubles are in my code.

I have an access to sources of the application, which send this stream
to the network, so I can read a code which prepare codec context before
encode frames. But I can't understand, how I need to prepare codec
context to decode it. :(

Which parameters are important for decoding context? Is it enough to set
only width, height and pix_fmt? I need to configure context manually
because I have no any headers, which usually available in file on the
disk. I have only buffer with frame, length of the frame and information
is this frame is key frame or not.

p.s. excuse me, my English isn't good, but I hope you have understood me. :)