[FFmpeg-devel] [BUG] various issues with GSM audio

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Aug 15 17:43:57 CEST 2007

Hi

On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 05:12:18PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
[...]
> > well, i said it in the past and i say it again, bugzilla is not useable
> > ffmpeg does not use bugzilla, and i do not look at mplayers bugzilla so
> > whatever you add there will be forgotten by me as quick as if you
> > didnt submit it
> > bugzilla is a major PITA, (as you said yourself it has bad vissibility
> > roundup does not, it takes no time to keep track of what new issues
> > have been opened on roundup while its a nightmare to do the same with
> > bugzilla)
>
> My statement about visibility above referred to FFmpeg's Roundup
> installation, not to MPlayer's Bugzilla.
>
> I haven't checked out the new tracker in detail, but so far I'm
> not terribly impressed.  However, I have no interest in starting flamage
> on the subject and I will reserve judgement until I have used it more
> extensively.

if you have any questions or suggestions for improvement about the tracker
they are definitly welcome

> BTW, my attempts to create an account on the tracker are failing
> miserably.

well, that likely is because you did create one on 2007-06-16 :)

> > and besides please do submit bugs to our bugtracker and not mplayers
>
> You misunderstand.  The 4xm issue seems to be an MPlayer problem, ffplay
> is fine.

ohh ok, sorry

I hate to see young programmers poisoned by the kind of thinking
Ulrich Drepper puts forward since it is simply too narrow -- Roman Shaposhnik