[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg development priorities

Aurelien Jacobs aurel
Thu Aug 16 16:57:40 CEST 2007

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 15:39:05 +0300
"Ivan Kalvachev" <ikalvachev at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2007/8/15, Scott Yeager <scott.yeager at highwinds.com>:
> > Sorry if this question sounds wrong.
> >
> > Are there any methods, financial or other, of getting a codec (such as
> > mts/avchd) developed for use with ffmpeg in a more urgent manner?
>
> How is avchd different than "normal h264 (avc). Are there public
> specifications or it would require reverse engineering? If it is h264,
> what level and profile is it?

This should reply most of your questions:
  http://img.clubic.com/photo/00303161.jpg
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVCHD

> There is already some support for EVO / Bluray it may be enough to
> play mts (this is some form of transport stream i guess).

Indeed, if the above mentioned references are correct, ffmpeg should
already be mostly ready to support AVCHD. My guess is that the mpeg-ts
demuxer might need some small adjustments and that should be
enough to support AVCHD.

Aurel