[FFmpeg-devel] Splitting an MPEG{1,2} frame in slices

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Mon Aug 20 13:42:57 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I am working on fixing MPEG{1,2} video RTP streaming...
The RFC requires to split each video frame in slices, and to set the
"MPEG Video-specific header" (first 4 or 8 bytes of the RTP payload)
accordingly (there are bits to set at the beginning of a slice, at the
end of a slice, etc...).

I can parse the video frame "by hand", searching for "0x000001"
sequences, but I want to avoid replicating some already existing code,
so I am wondering if libavcodec already provides functions for splitting
MPEG{1,2} video frames in slices.

			Thanks,
				Luca