[FFmpeg-devel] __DARWIN__ vs. CONFIG_DARWIN vs. __SYS_DARWIN__

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg
Mon Aug 20 21:19:53 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 8/20/07, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> I wondered why we manually set CONFIG_DARWIN in configure.  So it seems
> that on OS X, __DARWIN__ is not defined, but __APPLE__ is.
>
> In any case CONFIG_DARWIN is not a good name, since this is not
> configurable.  I propose SYS_DARWIN instead, unless somebody has some
> clever idea how to use __DARWIN__ or __APPLE__ directly...

This may not be so clever if we want to stay as much GCC-independant
as possible.
ICC has been ported to OSX/x86, so has XLC on OSX/ppc so there's at
least 2 other compilers on OSX.
An no, I can't test, because I don't have ICC on OSX. :(

Guillaume
--
A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.
 -- Napoleon Bonaparte