[FFmpeg-devel] Error in configure for latest svn ffmpeg version with MinGW

Jason Millard jsm174
Wed Aug 22 15:59:36 CEST 2007

On 8/22/07, M?ns Rullg?rd <mans at mansr.com> wrote:

> St?phane List wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to build ffmpeg from SVN using mingw32  (mingw32-gcc-3.4.2):
> >
> > # ./configure --enable-memalign-hack
> > Creating config.mak and config.h...
> >

> > It get stuck here.
>
> I bet you're using bash 2.04.  It's broken.  Get a later version.
>
> --

After you upgrade bash, you may also want to look into upgrading gcc
to the 4.2.1 Technology Preview.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2435&package_id=241304&release_id=532062

I know after I finished compiling the 8-20 SVN, my app was dumping
with a message similar to:

Compiler did not align stack variables. Libavcodec has been
miscompiled. Please use GCC 4.2

I upgraded, and all was well.

Anyway, maybe that will help you save to time in the long run.

-- Jason