[FFmpeg-devel] "error, non monotone timestamps 45000 >= 45000" in ffserver

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Aug 23 00:30:11 CEST 2007

Hi

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 02:16:05PM +0200, Luca Abeni wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> [...]
>> also note that in ffplay similar code has a special case for rtsp
>> (i dunno the rtsp code well enough to say what that special
>> case is good for ...)
>
> As promised, I had a look at such code (you mean the code using "use_play",
> right?). I do not really understand why it is needed: it seems that it's
> used to perform the av_seek_frame() before av_find_stream_info() if the
> input is RTSP/RTP, but I do not understand why.
>
> BTW, I did some tests with the "-ss" parameter, and it seems that seeking
> with rtsp input is broken (the "-ss" parameter accepts a parameter in
> seconds for all the input formats except rtsp... For rtsp it seems that the
> parameter is in tenth of seconds. Also, there is an offset in the seek -
> probably due to the RTP startup latency).
>
> Anyway, I tried to remove that code (applying the attached patch), and
> it seems that ffplay's behaviour did not change (I tried with and without
> "-ss" and I could not see any change). I performed my experiments by using
> the live555 media server (that is known to be a good and standard-compliant
> streaming server) and some mpeg videos (mpeg1 video + mp2 audio in mpeg
> container) and mp3 files.
> Maybe removing that rtsp special case breaks something in some different
> case, but I've not been able to find it.

iam ok with the patch if noone has objections (rtsp maintainer?)

I have never wished to cater to the crowd; for what I know they do not
approve, and what they approve I do not know. -- Epicurus