[FFmpeg-devel] Big companies taking advantage of ffmpeg developers

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Aug 23 23:36:45 CEST 2007

Hi
On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 10:14:30PM +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Thursday, 23 August 2007 at 14:32, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> [...]
> > btw, maybe we should use roundup to keep track of license violations, what do
> > people think?
> > ive definitly lost track of the past ones and that isnt good
>
> I've kept track of several recent ones on MPlayer's related projects page:
>
> * Konvertor http://www.konvertor.net/indexe.html
> Multimedia file conversion utility containing FFmpeg that fails to give
> credit. They even have our own unmodified windows-all codec pack for
> download.
>
> * Replay Converter http://applian.com/replay-converter/index.php
> Multimedia file conversion utility containing MEncoder that fails to give
> credit.
>
> * MP4Converter http://www.mp4converter.net/dvd-to-appletv-converter-mac.html
> Multimedia file conversion utility containing a renamed FFmpeg binary that
> fails to give credit.
>
> * GOM Player http://gomplayer.com/
> Multimedia player containing FFmpeg that fails to give credit. They do
> include a copy of the LGPL, but don't mention FFmpeg. The only reference to
> FFmpeg seems to be this post: http://www.gomplayer.com/forum/viewtopic.html?t=435.
>
> Feel free to add them to roundup. I'm planning to contact their authors about
> this but it's not my top priority.

ive created issue 109-112 for them
if there are any news please update them

Let us carefully observe those good qualities wherein our enemies excel us
and endeavor to excel them, by avoiding what is faulty, and imitating what
is excellent in them. -- Plutarch