[FFmpeg-devel] .trp file format

Måns Rullgård mans
Fri Aug 24 21:44:35 CEST 2007

"Mark M" <catchmark3 at gmail.com> writes:

> On 8/24/07, Mike Melanson <mike at multimedia.cx> wrote:
>>
>> Mark M wrote:
>> > Hi all
>> >
>> > I need to convert a .trp file to .mp4 file. I tried using ffmpeg for doing
>> > this.
>> >
>> > The command I used is
>> >
>> > ffmpeg -i input.trp -vcodec copy -acodec copy -f mp4 output.mp4
>> >
>> > But this doesnt seem to work. So I have a couple of questions.
>> >
>> > 1. Can anyoen point me out a way to convert a .trp file to a .mp4 file
>> > 2. Point to a description of what a .trp file is
>>
>> Strange, I was just about to ask you question #2. I have never heard of
>> this format. Please upload a sample according to the guidelines under
>> "Submitting Sample Media" on this page:
>>
>> http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/bugreports.html
>>
>> Also, where did you get the TRP file? That might help us.
>
> .trp file is a MPEG-TS file with H.264 video stream.

Who calls such files by that name?  It's certainly no standard naming
convention.

> I am gettign these warnings when i convert the video to mp4
>
> [h264 @ 009CC230]non existing PPS referenced
> [h264 @ 009CC230]decode_slice_header error
> [h264 @ 009CC230]no frame!
>
> Any idea why I am getting the error messages.

By the looks of it the file doesn't have the SPS and PPS headers at
the start.  This is to be expected if it is a recording of a live
stream or has been cut at a random position.  Does it ever produce a
picture?  Are there any further errors?

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com