[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Installing libavutil's crc.h?

Pavlov Konstantin thresh
Tue Dec 11 19:46:25 CET 2007

On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 08:39:26PM +0200, Ismail D?nmez wrote:
> Tuesday 11 December 2007 20:35:20 tarihinde Diego Biurrun ?unlar? yazm??t?:
> > On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 04:30:25PM +0100, Diego 'Flameeyes' Petten? wrote:
> > > So okay for bswap.h there's the configh dependency that disallows from
> > > installing it (but I'm still thinking how to get over the dep, maybe
> > > I'll provide a patch to use unifdef).
> > >
> > > For crc.h is there something else stopping it from being installed?
> >
> > This sounds backwards to me.  Headers should not be installed without a
> > good reason.
>
> thresh on IRC already said he is installing bswap.h to be able to compile
> MPlayer with external ffmpeg, so these headers are needed for external
> projects.

...though it seems more like an mplayer problem.

Nevertheless, the less we patch ffmpeg to do unusual stuff, the less
problems we face.

--
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you
really make them think they'll hate you.