[FFmpeg-devel] Make ffmpeg.c and ffplay.c use avctx->request_channels

Andreas Öman andreas
Fri Dec 14 10:10:07 CET 2007

Hello,

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> it is just advisory (=many codecs ignore it currently)
> codecs which fail hard due to request_chan could be changed ...

Here are four patches.

I believe they should be applied at the same time (not in the same
commit though).

I've fixed the dca.c and ac3dec.c to interpret reqeust_channels
in a advisory way.

ffmpeg.c now sets up the resampler after the first frame is decoded.

and the changes to ffplay.c is pretty straight forward.
I have not been able to make SDL work with more than two channels.
Also, the man-page says that only mono and stereo is supported.

So, If each maintainer can have a look at these please :)