[FFmpeg-devel] [ffmpeg-devel] issue with decoding h.264 video from tandberg encoder

Steven Ellis mail_lists
Mon Dec 17 06:18:15 CET 2007

> Hello,
>
> Interestingly, I had no problems with the decoding for quite a lot of
> H.264 video (as in no artifacts or jitter in the displayed video) even
> when the message
>
> [h264 @ 0x844a910]Interlaced pictures + spatial direct mode is not
> implemented
>
> was reported. But with the H.264 video from the Tandberg encoder, the
> decoded video was crappy. So I am wondering what's the difference
> between those interlaced video. Did you see the artifacts and jitter in
> the video when you play them back?
>
> Sorry for my reposting. I would want to be more patient, but the
> deadline for my project delivery is around the corner. If this cannot be
> resolved in libavcodec in the short term, I would need to turn to
> something else. I don't mind paying money as long I can get those H.264
> video from the Tandberg encoder decoded properly in order to save my ass
> :-)

We appear to have the same Tandberg gear in use for DTT here in NZ, so we
are hitting the same issues with FFMPEG. It also appears they have decided
to utilise AAC for the audio streams.

Steve