[FFmpeg-devel] Possible violation of FFmpeg's license by Transgaming's Cider

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sat Dec 22 15:44:17 CET 2007

Hello,
On Sat, Dec 22, 2007 at 03:16:59PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
[...]
> oddly viewcvs is not behind such clickthrough, but i failed to find any
> ffmpeg code in there, anyone knows in which directory/file it is?

Here:
http://cvs.transgaming.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/winex/dlls/quartz/

And unless they changed things a lot it is still a horribly mangled
version of FFmpeg that must be a maintenance nightmare (yep, sill is,
it's a copy from 2003).
And that despite the fact that I sent them a (nearly trivial) patch that
would have made it work with basically unmodified FFmpeg (no reaction at
all though).

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger