[FFmpeg-devel] libossupport status

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Sun Dec 23 11:47:12 CET 2007

Hi Vadim,

On Sat, 2007-12-22 at 20:06 +0100, Vadim Lebedev wrote:

> Luca Abeni wrote:
[...]
> >4) It seems that most of the developeres do not want libossupport in
> >ffmpeg, but want it as an external library.
> >
> >Did I understand the requirements correctly? Am I forgetting anything?
> >

> I wonder how do you intend to implement missing POSIX functionality on
> Win32 plaftorm
>
> For example on win32  close()  will not accepts socket handles  and
> select()  will not work on file handles
[...]
I believe the current version of libossupport + patch already support
win32 (mingw). I tested it, and it seems to work.

Right now, I am in hurry... I'll reply this afternoon to the other
emails, explaining how the close/closesocket and the fnctl things are
currently handled.

Since you are interested in win32, can you test the patch I posted, and
report errors/problems?

			Thanks,
				Luca