[FFmpeg-devel] libossupport status

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Sun Dec 23 14:50:55 CET 2007

Hi Rich,

On Sun, 2007-12-23 at 05:55 -0500, Rich Felker wrote:
[...]
> > This will no work on win32 (there is no F_SETFL on WIN32)
>
> Then add it. Submit patches to mingw for their broken crap, and then
> require latest mingw...
>
> Anyway WTF is the point of this? O_NONBLOCK is useless; just do a
> select before attempting to read/write... Or are you worried about
> running into the Linux bug in select? :)

As far as I can see, the nonblock option is used only in tcp.c, which
already uses select() before writing or reading. I do not know if using
O_NONBLOCK is useless or not (I suspect it is not), but I believe this
is an orthogonal issue respect to the OS support library, and should be
fixed (if there is something to fix) with a separate patch.

BTW, where can I find more info about the Linux bug you are citing? I've
never heared anything about it (and I often use select() in my
programs)... Is it limited to some particular kernel/libc versions?

> > The best way IMO will be to keep evrywhere
> >
> > #include "os_support.h"
>
> No this is absolutely disgusting and unnecessary. The idea of "loss"
> is to be a no-op for non-broken operating systems, not to pollute
> everywhere with windows-workaround crap.

I see that there are different opinions about this include... I posted a
version of the patch which uses "#include "os_support.h"", and a version
that does not require it. Let's see how the discussion evolves...

			Thanks,
				Luca