[Ffmpeg-devel] [BUG] slowness and/or memory leak with adpcm_ima_qt .mov files

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Feb 1 00:49:02 CET 2007

Hi

On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 12:39:53PM -0800, Allan Hsu wrote:
> I've run across what looks like a major memory leak caused by
> adpcm_ima_qt audio track decoding. ffmpeg output doesn't look out of
> the ordinary, but it is much slower than it should be (kind of slow
> on a PPC OS X machine, but *super slow* on a x86_64 linux machine).
> I've uploaded a sample to the FTP site as "shuffle-ima41.mov". Here
> is the ffmpeg output, killed because it was taking up too much memory:
>
> ./ffmpeg -i ~/Desktop/shuffle-ima41.mov -acodec pcm_s16le -vcodec
> mpeg4 -b 768k ~/Desktop/shuffle.avi

does that also happen if you dont encode the video? -vn
and what if you just copy the audio -acodec copy?

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your
right to say it. -- Voltaire